Monday, January 4, 2010

Friend Mistakes

Photobucket
Do you ever get embarrassed for those close to you? I'm not talking bad fashion statements or your friend has a giant zit on picture day---I mean when they tell you about something they did. Perhaps it was something stupid, usually a mistake. We all confide in our close friends about our thoughts, dreams, and our faults. But sometimes my mind tells me to yell "#$@*&^%!!!" at my friends.

Everyone has their faults and struggle with improvement. But I hate to see my friends fail and faceplant again and again. Disappointing, embarrassing. I love all of my friends no matter their problems, and I try to steer them in the right direction but I get so frustrated by them at times.

"What were you thinking?" Clearly they weren't.
"Are you high?" Fuckin stoned out of their minds.
"How much did you drink?" The whole handle of Sailor Jerry.

Of coarse I'm too mild (in personality) to actually do this, but I certainly make a point to call them stupid in my mind. I'm really not sure whether this is a good or bad quality. On one hand I think its good because I'm not being a bitch by telling a friend they acted as an idiot and should know better. And on the other hand, this is an example of not communicating my thoughts to someone I care about.

I (for some reason) attract people with the stupidest problems (in my mind they're preventable). Self-control seems to be a problem with many of them. I won't point out anyone directly for their sake, but it honestly bothers me when they screw up. I had a good friend go to rehab then relapse. We knew it would happen but watching them fall back down sucks. I think he's doing well now, but still hasn't kicked his drug habit. Not all of their problems are as serious (drug abuse) as my example but still their vices negatively impact their life. I can't fix their problems for them, though I wish that were the case. Can someone let me know where to get that magic wand? I'll check eBay or Amazon later.

Let's say I have a friend that's dating a dirtbag. I'll call him Douchey McDoucherstien. I do not like Douchey McDoucherstien, but she does. Do I want to tell her that he's a huge asshole and she can do better? Of coarse I do, but I'm not going to make her into the idiot because I hate hurting people's feelings. I'm sure we all have that thought go through our head after a long weekend of fucked up stories from close or distant friends. "Why was that a good idea?"

So to all those mistakes:
Dear stupid ass,
You're giving me a fricken headache. Please stop. What ever happened to live and learn? Did you forget the "learning" part? Apparently so. Here's to you, showing the fail boat how to do it. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
You're not invited to dinner,
Courtney :]

1 comment:

  1. ahahahahaha. i love it. aaand i totally feel this way. sometimes. but usually i'm just like REALLY!
    like, i can't help but say something.

    ReplyDelete