Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 Resolutions

This is probably a bit of a belated New Years resolution post but hey, gotta do it before January is over! This month may end up going by fast since Winter Break ends tomorow. Boo! But yay for school....yes? Alright! So let's do this thing.
2010 Resolutions
1. Drink more water.
This seems simple enough right? But for me I tend to go with juice or soda more often. Like many people, I'm a soda addict which is bad for my waistline, bloating, and the health of my teeth. So why not put in some effort to drink more water? We're all made of 70% water anyways. It's great for my skin and my mood. Everybody likes having nicely hydrated skin!
2. Go to the gym....no seriously, just go.
I don't particularly like going though I should. I've started going twice a week since Christmas and I've noticed that I feel better. A bit more energy and a happier feeling. Endorphins! I feel much more confident in myself when I go regularly.
3. Pass Math 8.
As most my friends and family know, math is not my strong point. This semester I'll be taking my final math class in college, and I aim to pass it the first time. So let's batten down the hatches and put in some more study time and effort. I may hate math, but this is the home stretch and I wanna be done with it forever as soon as possible. I took Math 253 fuckin four times, this class MUST go better.
These are all self-oriented goals because I can do them all. Mainly I want to feel healthier, I want to feel better. I'm not fat, or even near being overweight for my BMI, but I want to be in better shape. I find that sometimes I lack confidence because of feeling fat, so why not get rid of the fat feeling by going to the gym? That works. My skin gets all nasty and dry from my eczema, drink more water and put some lotion on it....though that doesn't cure it, it does help a bit. In my opinion (and most self-help gurus'), I can't help anyone else unless I help myself first. So my health and emotional/confidence will be put first this year.

I won't sit there and complain that I feel fat. Or complain that my skin is bleeding because its dry (sorry I know that's gross). I can fix things, or at least help them. For my body's sake, MY body. Why else would I make these resolutions? Haha knowing that my ass is rock hard is a bonus.

2 comments:

  1. this is exactly how i feel!! Helping myself is always most important! Let's be confident together!!
    oh and can we have a resolution to hang out together?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, why havent we hujng out yet? Haha I havent seen you , nor Nura in months!

    ReplyDelete