Friday, November 13, 2009

No Home For the Heart

"To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there" ~Barbara Bush

I don't understand. I just don't, and I probably never will. Parenting is supposed to be the hardest job in the world, but still. Being a parent means that you have to take care of your children. This doesn't end at a certain age or cut-off point. And then there's pushing a teenager out of the nest, but this.....this set me off. Once they come out that birth canal, they are here forever. YOUR responsibility, forever.

It's come to my attention that one of my oldest friends has been told to vacate the house and head out to grandma's or some other relative's house, anywhere but "home". This came about via email, not in person--makes it alot worse in my opinion....at least when you're fired from a company they tell you in person. But no, let's just send an email and hopefully shit doesn't hit the fan. Greaaat. Pardon my French, but what the fuck is wrong with people these days? It's your kid, your family. Family should be at the top of your list in the relationship department. But for some it's like they think family members can be wished away because they seem inconvenient or bothersome. This is ridiculous. If I had a kid with a few problems I wouldn't kick them out, they should be with their family and parents where they can be supported....which brings me to quite a big point.

If your family doesn't support you, then it probably doesn't seem like home. Home is where the heart is, and the heart needs love and support. So where will her heart be? Far away from what was once called "home"? Far away from the friends that care about her? I guess so.

A few of us have talked about kidnapping her to see her before she goes. Nobody is ok with the whole situation. Honestly I'd like to punch a wall, but Kevin did that last year and broke his hand SO I will not be doing that tonight.

Upset. Stupid people. "Life isn't fair"---this is a false statement. Life tends to be fair, but this is only when a full effort is given into all you do. Including parenting, this is a part of life where giving up is not ok. It is not an option or you have simply failed. And for that I feel sorry for you, I pity you. Because I know that this isn't right and know you have given up.

"Blood's thicker than water, and when one's in trouble
Best to seek out a relative's open arms."
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment