Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009

This Halloween was a success, but it didn't come without some complications as usual. I was invited to 3 different parties.
1. Tommy was throwing a Halloween party in Silverado canyon.
2. Ashley was hosting a party at her house with her husband and other swim coaches.
3. Phil and his girlfriend were hosting a party at his apartment.
Which one to go to? Well the first one that came to my knowledge was Tommy's canyon party. So I assumed that hey we'll all go. Cheryl and Reenie, along with the rest of the In N Out of Foothill Ranch crew was going. Breanna and Anthony were going too, and I havent seen either of them since July. I wanted to see my friends! But Evan comes over to make dinner the next day and tells me that we're going to Ashley's party on the 31st.

"
So we'll go to both?", I said. Evan replied, "I'm staying at Coach's house the whole time, I can't leave. But you can go to the canyon party too if you want, but I want you to stay here with me." Oh really? Is this like one of those trick situations or mind tricks that bitch girlfriends always say to their partners? It sounded like it but I know its not like that. I chuckled a bit about it though. I hate having to disappoint anyone by telling them "no, sorry I won't be at the party". And there was no way to go to Phil's party since I was invited very last minute in comparison to the previous 2 invites. So we ended up staying at Ashley's on the night of the 31st. There wasn't any point in risking going to the canyon party since there's check points all over the roads and Reenie's ex boyfriend might show up at the canyon party. No extra drama this Halloween, please.
So why do I say this year was a success? 3 things:
1. I got to dance with my boyfriend and Cheryl to the music I picked to play at the party.
2. No NorCal cop cars everywhere.
3. No crying on a curb, being comforted by Ben.
Mostly the last 2 things made it better. The party was pretty low key and laid-back. Last year in Sonoma, CA was fun but ended abruptly. This year in Irvine (surprisingly there were no cops) there was drinks, dancing, hookah and friends. I got to spend time with the Yotters and the "Hoffs" (they aren't actually married but we still call them that), Cheryl and I got to dance like crazy people. Waca waca shots. The boys enjoyed some beer pong and poker, while a few of us girls talked in the hookah lounge/tent. Even Ian got to dance hahaha! Pacman ghosts at the door, and pirates who show up after the party ends.

Here's some pictures from the night....


Photobucket
Flag fooball, the Germans, Dr. Acula & his Nurse, Ian in a freaky mask, Baseball "Player", and Wilma Flinstone
Photobucket Photobucket
Mandie and Jess brought some friends from Concordia
Photobucket
Shea and Brenna came as "Mr. & Mrs. Smith"
Photobucket
Joe the pirate stopped by at 2am
Photobucket
My BayBay<3
The next holiday that requires major scheduling is Thanksgiving. Last year me and Evan went to 2 Thanksgiving-family gatherings, the year before we went to 3 then felt like we were in a turkey coma. With his divorced parents it's like having 2 families to go see just for him and then my regular/non-divorced family just has 1 Thanksgiving to attend. Hopefully we can avoid getting stuck with a Mira Mesa/San Diego drive to a Costa Mesa/Fountain Valley drive again! Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment