Thursday, January 27, 2011

Endless Job Search

To be perfectly honest, I'm tired of my job. Tired of the changing management, changing policies, and constantly being told that we're probably going out of business. The whole feeling of my work environment has gone from great to "can I kick my boss in the face now?" That's bad. Obviously nobody wants to work in a hostile work environment.

So I've been conducting a job search over the past few weeks, basically the last month. I really wish someone would just call me back or be nice enough to give an interview. A few days ago I went out and bought business slacks for that purpose haha. Thanks JC Penny for that lovely sale! But alas, buying pants for an interview doesn't mean you have an interview. Needing a job doesn't get you a job. This is the real world, and I'm tired of waiting.

All I ask for in a job is friendly people, a busy-ish work environment, and more than $8.50 per hour. Yea yea that's minimum wage, but I've been paid $8.50 for being yelled at by customers who don't want to pay that much in late fees for 15 minutes straight. Even when I worked at the CPA office in Laguna Beach, paid $8.50 for 5 times the amount of work.

I'm so impatient about it. I've applied at Target, CVS, Petsmart, Tommy Bahama, Fresh & Easy, Regal Cinemas, and the Apple Store. Everywhere! (no I don't plan to work in the food industry thanks)

Quick summary:

  • 3+ years of job experience
  • 6+ months professional office experience
  • an associate's degree
  • a car to get there

Seems that most places are looking for FULL TIME employees

....yea I have to go to school so that's not possible

I can do 25 hours max per week

SOMEBODY HIRE ME AHH

1 comment: