Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This IS the Droid you're looking for

Alright, alright. I couldn't resist naming it something straight out of Star Wars, my inner geek wanted out on that one thing. But then I thought "hey, why not let the inner geek out for a bit for this blog?" And so, I did.

Oh Apple, how I love your MacBook Pro that I use, but I'm not an iPhone user. Though I may know a few people who have them, I don't really ever want an iPhone. Something I do want? The Motorolla DROID.

This thing is badass. Who wants an iPhone when you can have a DROID? This thing is ridiculous. My brother skipped into the room like a little kid on Christmas to show me the online video of it on engadget.com, which I suggest you watch to get a better understanding of how this phone works. But wait, you need to have Verizon. Sorry, ATT but your service sucks and you have the iPhone anyways. Sprint won't be getting this gem either, since they have every Blackberry ever made.

First off, this phone has the ability to do quite a few things that the iPhone can not. This is illustrated in the following commercial:



Fortunately the DROID can do all of these things. Impressive, yes? Quick summary!

DROID
1. Full QWERTY keyboard
2. Touchscreen front
3. Works as a GPS in the car
4. Shifts to an media center when docked----music, alarm clock
5. Runs multiple widget at the same time



I know that this Christmas will be a cheaper Christmas than most being that our economic climate is currently down. But the DROID offers a break from most expensive gifts during the holiday season. The DROID will be $199 with contract (likely to be a 2yr agreement like most Verizon plans), not bad. I expected a higher pricetag for this phone, thankfully I was surprised.

DROID goes on sale via Verizon online + Verizon store on November 6th 2009. Check it out now on engagdet.com: http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/28/motorola-droid-first-hands-on/

No comments:

Post a Comment