Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Let's Be Rebels!

I don't often hear things like this from men, so I thought I'd share. Of course I was bored at the time, wandering youtube.com when I came across this comment:

"The human body is potentially perfect. It is our weakness that necessitates the use of drugs. The true rebels in music today will be drug, tat, and piercing free. Married, and lead noble lives with great discipline" - EdenTheoryRocks


It makes me think about how everyone young nowadays has to cling to something. Usually its drugs, which is sad. I've witnessed this countless times. I had a close friend go away to rehab and return only to relapse and not care. Disappointing to say the least. I watched my friends smoke pot and thought to myself, "how is that fun?" Then suddenly we all had to get in the car and go to Taco Bell because it was "bomb". I don't think I will ever understand why that word is used to describe food being good....it means explosion for godsake.

But what else are the girls and guys of our generation holding onto? I'd have say mommy and daddy issues. It's assumed that rebelling and causing our parents pain will make us feel better. I love my parents and have never seen the need to do this. I like having my parents trust me.

Why do we need to rebel from our parents? Is it even necessary? They did it too ya know, from their parents. Its just another endless cycle. "Let's do drugs! Let's have sex! I'll get my attention this way!" So you think your daddy didn't love you, and now you're in the car driving to get your 5th tattoo? Yea I know girls like that. Sadly I'm older than them. I know it'll turn into a nasty reminder in a few years once they aren't little stick figure girls anymore. The sad fact is that tattoos are there forever. UNLESS you pay out the a** to get it removed, slowly and painfully lazered off.


Some people just need to remember that their parents love them, and if they don't then someone does. When life gives you a sh**ty family, it gives you great friends. I consider myself lucky enough to have both amazing friends and parents. Someone out there does care about you, so don't be so fast to throw yourself down the metaphorical/theoretical stairs. Self-destructive behavior never helped anyone do anything.

I could go on for days about how the decisions we all make now really do affect us later. But I won't because nobody wants to read bitching about druggies and skanky girls. It's a known fact to most of my friends that I can't stand hanging out with or around girls (usually, but there are exceptions). I'm easily irritated by the attention seeking behavior that they project.

So what do you think? Do you think that getting that tattoo or doing drugs is gunna make you feel less angsty?
Probably not, but you're too young to care right? Too bad not thinking now will lead to......well you can find out for yourself. There's a consequence for every decision you make, so make smart ones. Don't just jump on the bandwagon. And by bandwagon I mean, don't go do drugs because you hear that "it's cool". Avoid the Hedonistic lifestyle, all that comes of it is emptiness and a few likely STDs. Look before you leap, think before you speak.

Thank you Incubus for stating it so well:

"The consequence is a bigger word than you think" - Consequence (album - A Crow Left of the Murder)

2 comments:

  1. If anything, the things your parents do that drive you to rebellion is just their way of showing they love you. No matter how backwards it seems at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how my parents have never driven me to rebellion. Its convenient.

    ReplyDelete