Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mawwage



Just a clip from "The Princess Bride" to start us off. In your opinion, how long should a couple wait before getting married? A lot of people I know have recently gotten engaged or had children (I'm almost 21) that I've gone to school with. I know that it depends on the couple, but in some situations it seems like a downright bad idea. There is such a thing as "too soon".

Do you think that you should pass the honeymoon period (the first 6 months) before considering a serious step like an engagement? I do. I don't think that you should marry anyone that you don't know completely. That doesn't mean you know their favorite color and what food they like. It means that you know EVERY side of them, good/grumpy/sad/mad/kind/silly/etc.
"Look, in my opinion the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what-have-you. The right person is still going to think the sun shines out of your ***. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with." - Juno (2007)
Getting married under age 22. Not promising.
Being a virgin.
Ehh, your choice.
Babies asap.
About $250,000 per child.
Knowing your fiance for less than a year.
Bad decision.
Conclusion, the Magic 8 ball says "
Outlook not so good".
"I need love, love. To ease my mind
I need to find, find someone to call mine. But mama said
You can't hurry love. No, you just have to wait
She said love don't come easy. It's a game of give and take
You can't hurry love. No, you just have to wait
You got to trust, give it time. No matter how long it takes"
- Diana Ross

4 comments:

  1. my honeymoon period lasted 8 months.
    so, not even just the first 6 months.
    you know what happened since then. sooo yeah. i agree full heartedly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wise mom says that you should be in a relationship for at least a year before getting married. That way you learn which seasons are good and bad since everyone has a bad season. Then also you should live with the person before getting married so that way you know what you are getting into. And if you don't like it, there is still time to get out before the wedding date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Becca: My dad always says something similar to that, "take it through the seasons". I know that some people's parents tell them differently, but hey that's up to them. Mine dated for 5 years n never lived together because my mom's parents are very conservative.

    ReplyDelete